HVAC Sales Consultant
Summary: The Sales Consultant (Outside Sales Representative) will be responsible for developing new and repeat residential customers for new installations and other services offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels throughout the greater Seattle area to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or communicate with customers by phone, email, etc.
- Identifies customer’s needs through a thorough discovery process and propose solutions based on those needs.
- Explains or demonstrates products and services, using marketing materials or other resources.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts and job packets for orders obtained promptly and accurately.
- Obtains permits as required for work sold.
- Schedules date of delivery or start date of installation, service or repair to customer, based on knowledge of Company’s delivery schedule.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Works with office staff to keep account activities up to date.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintain relationships with referral contacts to generate new sales opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries, installation, service or repair.
- Performs work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Successfully completes initial training and all ongoing training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proven track-record in consultative, solutions sales.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Technical/mechanical aptitude (no specific skills required).
- Basic computer skills including competence with MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Good driving record.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check required.
Associates degree or equivalent desired but not required. Must also have a minimum of one to two years of experience in business to consumer sales.
$100k – $200k compensation range
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer