Work Hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm PST, with 1 hour lunch and 2 -15 minute breaks.
Primary Job Function: Under direct supervision of Lead Installer.
Entry Level HVAC Installer will assist in the installation of air conditioning, heating, ventilation systems in multi and single family homes.
Installations will follow proper code and Lifetime Heating and Air Conditioning rigid quality standards. Will report to work on time and ready to work.
Reports to: HVAC Supervisor/Lead Service Technician
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass new-hire and random drug screenings.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willingness to invest in tools used in the services of HVAC equipment.
- Motivated to invest time into training to advance job position.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing customer service and communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written directions as given.
- 3+ years’ experience in HVAC service and repair.
- Current 06 License or Trainee Card.
- EPA Universal or Type II Certification required.
- Capable of following all Safety Guidelines
- Ability to operate hand and power tools safely.
- Can work in situations requiring heights and tight working conditions from extension and step ladders.
- Can use safe lifting procedures on the job.
Can work use full range of body motion to include:
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties:
- Purchase required tools as listed for HVAC Installation
- Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from Supervisor and Lead Service Technician and perform duties in a timely manner.
- Report any problems with company tools or vehicles promptly.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must be supervised at all times.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Think outside the box on ways to enhance service and customer experience.
- Unload truck supplies and equipment.
- Participate in quarterly inventory.
- Participate and attend employee meetings and trainings.
- Develop customer service, communication and teamwork skills with Contractor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Skill Advancement (Within 6 months of hire date.)
- Learn and demonstrate within budgeted labor hours to AMI quality standards.
- Perform tasks under direct supervision:
- Metal & Wood hole cutting.
- Duct installation and connection.
- Framing and nailing outlets.
- Installation of flex and duct to code and AMI Quality Standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer